Trust me it matters...be sure to tend to your newly purchased candle. It will give you a beautiful crackling flame for many hours to come if properly cared for.
1. Light the wooden wick as you normally would.
** Have candles that look like a tunnel has been dug in the middle? Its called tunneling. This tends to happen if a candle has been extinguished before a full melt pool is created. Let the wax pool reach all the way to the edges for each burn.
2. Before relighting your candle, gently snap or cut off the ash or burnt wood along the top edge of the wick.
3.You will find our candles burn clean. They don't release any harsh carcinogens into the air. There wont be any black soot around the edge of the candle or "mushrooming" at the top of the wick that other candles tend to have.
4. Safety Tips:
- Always keep a burning candle within sight.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
- Keep burning candles out of the reach of children and pets
5. Enjoy your new candle!